Rebecca’s Tent has provided temporary housing for almost 1,000 women in transition since 1983. Rebecca’s Tent operates 7 days a week, 6:30 PM to 6:30 AM, from November to March. Our door is open to women of all races, religions, and backgrounds. We offer a consistent and structured environment for 13 women at a time. Last season, we provided shelter for 19 women and helped 60% transition to employment and more stable housing.
Our Services Include:
Room & Board
- Includes showers, laundry facilities, toiletries, free MARTA assistance, breakfast, dinner, bagged lunches and phone access
- Provided by the Shelter and Intown Collaborative Ministries
- Breeze MARTA cards
Weekly Empowerment Sessions
- Structured weekly presentations by volunteers help guests overcome barriers to employment and permanent housing.
- Referrals for medical care, legal services, employment training, etc.
- Financial assistance for transitioning from the shelter to stable housing
Our partners assist our guests with:
- Employment & personal counseling
- Computer & job skills training
- Eye exams & eyeglasses
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Support groups
- Clothing bank
- Financial management classes
All of these services provide a foundation for our guests so that they can work and begin to rebuild their lives without worrying about basic necessities in the process. Each season over 400 volunteers are involved in keeping our shelter up and running. We make every effort to assist our guests in getting their lives back together and becoming productive citizens in the workforce once again.